Tagging Subject for Incoming Emails
Starting v6.8 companies can optionally add a custom tag when a message is received
from the Internet. Consider the following scenario when having such a tag is a good idea
- A spammer goes to your public website and gathers the names of your employees. Many companies put the names of their senior management on
- Once the perpetrator knows a relationship between two employees, they forge the sender's name hoping the recipient will open that
message since he/she know the sender.
- Notice that they only forge the name, not the email address. Many email clients prefer displaying the name over email address when both
values are available, giving the reader a false impression.
Xeams can be configured to add a tag to the subject line letting the recipient know this message came in from the Internet, allowing them to
make better decision before open the message.
Consider the following example:
Subject: Attaching the updated invoice
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Attaching the updated invoice
The added tag to the subject line gives some extra information to the reader so he/she is more careful before opening the message even through
the sender name appears to be friendly.
Subject tags are only applied to inbound emails.
Steps to Configure
- Log in to the web interface using the admin account
- Click Score Configuration under Filter Management
- Specify a value for Subject Tag