|Subject:||How to white/black list a user or domain|
|Creation date:||12/14/15 4:35 PM|
|Last modified on:||8/10/18 3:08 PM|
How to white/black list a user or domain
Although Xeams allows white/black listing users as well as domains, we strongly recommend you read the following section before making any changes to the rules.
- White listing a single user is safe - Use the sender's entire email address when specifying the rule
- Black listing a user is NOT recommended - This is because email addresses can be easily forged. The only reason to black list a user is when you are confident the sender is not forged.
- White listing a domain name is generally safe - As long as the domain names do not belong to well-known companies, such as Hotmail.com, Gmail.com, BankOfAmerica.com, CitiBank.com, AOL.com, etc., it is okay to white list a domain.
- Black listing a domain is NOT recommended - This is because domain names can be easily forged.
Instead of white listing a domain, consider adding them
as trusted domain.
Steps to White/Black list a user or domain
- Log in to Admin Console as admin
- Click Content Filters under Filter Management
- Click Sender Filters
- Add a new Sender Filter
- Enter an email or domain name in the Search String. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org or @somecompany.com
- Enter a negative value to white list and a positive value to black list. Do not enter a very high number. A score around (+/-) 100 should be sufficient to drag an email in either direction
- Leave other values as is
- Save the rule
Posted by Benjamin E. Nichols on 11/28/14 9:44 PM
Squidblacklist.org is the worlds leading publisher of native acl blacklists tailored specifically for Squid proxy, and alternative formats for all major third party plugins as well as many other filtering platforms. Including SquidGuard, DansGuardian, and ufDBGuard, as well as pfSense and more. Our adult blacklist contains over 1.2 million domains, we have unique blacklists that you will not find any other place.
There is room for better blacklists, we intend to fill that gap.
It would be our pleasure to serve you.
Benjamin E. Nichols
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.