|Creation date:||12/14/15 4:35 PM|
|Last modified on:||8/13/18 3:51 PM|
Consider a domain trusted if you think you will never get a junk message from that domain. Domains that are trusted in Xeams MUST expose an SPF record
in their DNS server.
Adding a trusted domain is much better than white listing a domain. SPF prevents forgery therefore, if someone forges a trusted domain, Xeams will know and will take appropriate action. White listing a domain does not stop forged emails.
How to add trusted domains
There are two ways:
- Locate the desired email in the Message Repository that went incorrectly into Junk and mark the message Good.
- Select Trust Domain on the next screen and save.
- The actual domain will only be added if an SPF record is published for the sender's domain
- Log in as admin
- Select Sender Policy Framework under Filter Management.
- Click the link for Manage Trusted Domains
- Add verizon.net as a domain
- Click Save
Which domains can I add to this list?
You can only add domains that have an SPF record published. Adding a domain that does not have an SPF record in their DNS server
won't have any affect - meaning Xeams won't be able to assign a score to those emails. Refer to this document
to see how to check if a domain publishes and SPF record.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users?
This area is reserved for useful tips. Therefore, do not post questions here. Instead, use our public forums
to post questions.