|Subject:||Xeams won't start after update|
|Creation date:||12/14/15 4:35 PM|
|Last modified on:||8/13/18 4:49 PM|
Xeams won't start after an update
During an update, Xeams pulls files from our main website. Use the following steps to restore if you find your Xeams is not starting after an auto update.
- You must have access to the machine where Xeams is running
- Stop Xeams if it is running
- Open File Manager on Windows or Terminal on Linux and go the $INSTALL_DIR\lib folder. This path on Windows is typically set to C:\Xeams\lib and on Linux it is /opt/Xeams/lib
- Delete Xeams.jar and rename Xeams.bak to Xeams.jar
- Try starting Xeams service.
- Once the service is up, download two files: Xeams.jar and webfront.zip and put them in $INSTALL_DIR\patches folder. DO NOT extract the contents of webfront.zip. You should only have 3 files in the patches folder:
- Login to the web interface as admin
- Click Restart on the right hand side
Proxy Server Warning
If you are going through a proxy server that does content filtering, it is possible it may change the contents of Xeams.jar. In that case, you will again run into this problem. The only solution to that is to bypass the proxy server OR download Xeams.jar from a different network.
Posted by Kevin Flowers on 6/30/15 10:51 AM
after looking into my XEAM dir3ectory. Mine is running on a QNAP 869Pro there is no /opt/XEAMS directory. What is being seen is xeasmsbackup directory with as it looks, all the pertinent xeams files. and a xwemail directory which is a directory nested with itself at least 100 times, i stop "CD'ing" after that. ANy thoughts on how to bring xeams back. looks like it stopped receiving mail around 1pm 29 Jun
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.