Product » A free email server for Windows and Linux » Knowledge Base
|Subject:||Fixing licensing problem|
|Creation date:||9/3/17 3:07 AM|
|Last modified on:||4/12/22 12:31 PM|
Fixing licensing problem in Xeams
You received a system generated email asking you to fix a licensing problem with Xeams. The subject of that message looks like:
Licensing problem in Xeams - ACTION REQUIRED
This is a system generated warning email that occurs when the number of perceived users in Xeams exceed the number of licensed users you have purchased.
This warning message is generated once a day and will repeat itself for the next 15 days or until the problem is fixed. If this message is ignored
continuously for 15 days, Xeams will get converted to Community Edition and junk mail filtering will stop.
There are two ways to fix this issue:
- Fix the Actual User Count in Xeams so it does not exceed the number of licenses you have purchased. See below for instructions.
- Purchase additional licenses to cover the extra users.
Fixing the user count
Follow the instructions below if you think the Actual User Count
is incorrectly inflated in Xeams.
- Login using the admin account and click About under the Tools menu.
- Click Show List, next to the Active User Count.
- The following page will list email addresses handled by your Xeams in the
past 5 days. You could see three different categories of email address on this page.
- Valid Users - You see multiple email addresses belonging to the same individual. For example,
firstname.lastname@example.org, which belong to the same person. In this case, you need to create Associations between the two addresses
by going into Manage Users under Server Configuration.
- Invalid users belong to your domain - You see email addresses that are completely invalid. For example,
This indicates Xeams is configured to accept emails for invalid accounts. Run Diagnostic Check under Tools
and ensure the Invalid Recipient Check passes. Click here for instructions if this test fails on your end.
- Invalid domains - You see email addresses belonging to foreign domains. For example,
email@example.com. This occurs if your
server is misconfigured for open relay. To confirm, run Diagnostic Check under Tools and ensure the test for Open Relay
passes. Contact our support department if your Xeams is configured as an Open Relay and you are unable to fix this problem on your own. Running
Xeams as an Open Relay is a very serious problem that should be fixed as soon as possible.
Xeams looks at past 5 days of data to see who received emails. Therefore, the Actual User Count will take about 5 days to reflect the correct
value after the problem is fixed.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users?
This area is reserved for useful tips. Therefore, do not post questions here. Instead, use our public forums
to post questions.