Product » Xeams » FAQ
Running Xeams any other email server on the same machine
Xeams can be installed either on the same machine that is running your corporate email server or on any other machine. Follow the steps below to install it on the same machine
Since SMTP servers listen on TCP/IP port 25, you cannot have both Xeams and your corporate server listen on this port. Therefore, before you install you need to make changes to your corporate email server so that its SMTP is listention on a different port.
After making this change install Xeams and configure it to route messages appropriately once they are filtered for spam.
- Change the TCP/IP port for the SMTP server in your corporate email server. Refer to the documentation of your server to see how to change this port. If you are want to use the IMAP and POP3 server in Xeams, you will need to change these ports as well.
- Intall Xeams using the installer you downloaded
- Once installation is over, open your browser and type the following URL
This will open the Admin Console
- If this is your first time using the Admin Console, it will open the setup wizard. Select SMTP Proxy server as the default server and put localhost as the corporate email server.
- Once the setup is complete you need to change the port of your corporate SMTP server to the value you specified in step 1. Click the Home link on the main menu and then click Configure for SMTP Proxy server.
- Change the TCP/IP port and save your changes.