As the name implies, DevNullSmtp is a dummy SMTP server that can be used for testing purposes. By default, Emails sent to DevNullSmtp are lost.
It can be used to troubleshoot email related problems
- Click here to download this tool.
- Extract the zipped file in the same folder where you have installed Xeams
- Double click
DevNullSmtp.bat to run it
- Specify a port number and click Start Server
- By default, DevNullSmtp will run as an open relay - meaning it will accept messages for every domain and users.
- Specify desired domain names in the text box below to restrict DevNullSmtp to certain domains
- Specify complete email addresses to restrict recipients - meaning DevNullSmtp will only accept messages for these individuals
How it works
- The screenshot on the right shows DevNullSmtp running on port 25 and accepts messages for
- The log shows an incoming email that was supposed to be delivered to
was denied by DevNullSmtp is not configured to accept emails for that domain.
- Check Save incoming messages to box and specify a path on the local machine if you want to save incoming messages.