|Subject:||Handling multiple profiles in Xeams|
|Creation date:||12/14/15 4:35 PM|
|Last modified on:||1/3/19 12:09 PM|
Handling multiple profiles in Xeams
feature in Xeams allows you to:
- Specify separate spam filtering rules for a set of domains. In other words you create a new profile.
- Delegate administrative tasks for a certain domain(s) to someone else
Consider the following scenario. You handle emails for two or more companies. The domain name for these companies are: CompanyOne.com
. Using the multi-profile option you can specify different rules for both of these companies and assign a person in these companies who will manage their rules.IMPORTANT:
You must be using build number 5628 or higher in Xeams to use this feature.
Steps to enable this feature
- Log in to Admin Console
- Click Server Configuration on the main menu
- Click the Advanced Configuration tab.
- Check Multi-Profile box
When this feature is enabled, you will see a new menu item under the Home
link. Refer to the image below
Creating new profiles
Follow the steps below to create a new profile. You can create as many profiles as required.
- Click Switch Profile item under the Home link on the main menu
- Click Add New Profile link
- Refer to the help on the page to understand what each field mean
We do not recommend creating more than 5 profiles per Xeams server. Every profile in Xeams will increase the memory usage by about 100MB and therefore, creating too many profiles will cause your Xeams to run out of memory, particularly on a 32bit system.
If you decide to have more than 5 profiles, keep an eye on memory usage and increase the upper limit if the allocated memory hovers continuously near maximum memory.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.