|Subject:||Subscribing to a mailing list|
|Creation date:||12/14/15 4:35 PM|
|Last modified on:||12/14/15 4:35 PM|
Subscribing to a mailing list
There are two ways to subscribe:
- Xeams Administrator can add an email address manually
- Users can subscribe themselves
Follow the steps below to add subscribers.
- Log in to Admin Console as administrator
- Select Manage Mailing List under the Server Configuration menu
- Click the Edit link next to the mailing list name
- Type the subscriber's email address in Add another subscriber field
- Click save. The newly added subscriber will appear below
Allowing users to add/remove themselves
Users on the Internet can subscribe/unsubscribe themselves by sending emails to special addresses. To enable this feature check the Allow users to subscribe
check box. Refer to the image below
Once this option is enabled, users can send an email to:
- subscribe-MailListName@YourCompany.com to subscribe
- unsubscribe-MailListName@YourCompany.com to unsubscribe
For example, if you create a mailing list using volunteers@helpingHands.org
, users can subscribe by sending a message to subscribe-volunteers@HelpingHands.org
and remove themselves by sending a message to unsubscribe-volunteers@HelpingHands.org
. This example assumes that HelpingHands.org
is a local domain that is handled by Xeams.
Posted by Michael on 10/28/14 8:36 AM
It will be also nice to setup allowed domain to subscribe.
So create new distribution list and add domains from with people can subscribe.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.