|Subject:||How to handle multiple domains destined for more than one server|
|Creation date:||12/14/15 4:35 PM|
|Last modified on:||12/14/15 4:35 PM|
How to handle mutliple domains
Consider the following scenario:
- You want to filter junk/spam messages for multiple domains
- These domains are handled by mutliple Exchage servers on the back-end
- Disable SMTP Proxy server in Xeams and use the regular SMTP Server. The Proxy server cannot
send message to multiple servers on the back-end. Click here to learn more about the differences
between SMTP Proxy and regular SMTP Server.
- When configuring domains for the SMTP server, you will have to specify the IP address where messages will go
after filtering spam.
- Ensure the Mode in Xeams is configured either for Spam Firewall or Hybrid
Profiles in Xeams define a set of rules that will be applied on an email. By default every message that comes in Xeams will
be handled by just one profile. This is called the default profile. If you like, you can create one or more profiles each
defining rules to handle one or more domains. Click here
for more information about Profiles.
Add a comment to this document
Do you have a helpful tip related to this document that you'd like to share
with other users? Please add it below. Your name and tip will appear at the
end of the document text.